Monday, July 16, 2012

The Results Are In




IT'S FINISHED



Yes it looks nothing like what my original post was intended. But thats the beauty of this industry from one sketch you can interpret, and use certain pieces and aspects to make something beautiful and completely different. Although the exact layout is quite different it still holds the same symbolic elements as my original design.

Event reminder


In order to understand all elements of my piece let me remind you of some key components. My event is based on my friend's sister who recently died from cancer. This piece is analyzing the strength of the family through this situation. And what armor could metaphorically aid them in protection from their scenario.

 Symbols


The gold metallic paper in itself had a symbolic quality it represents the beauty which can be acquired through strength. I thought gold as the actually physical element rather than the color.


The silhouette was meant to be a form fitting almost cast of the body. Representing the needed support which holding such a weight on your shoulders weakens your body and mind. 


This brings me back to the shoulder pieces. These larger pieces help carry the burden of the weight of the world almost seeming to collapse on you. And the feeling that you need to carry that person and everyone else falling around you. Thus extra protection is needed.


My thoughts

I think everything was successful considering time and resources.Although my vision was a lot larger i think that my finished did exactly what I wanted to and that was symbolically capture my event. I would not change one aspect of my product. However my technique needs to be cleaned up quite a bit. My lines were uneven, and my glue gun seemed to blow up on my garment. I wish the waist line was better emphasized and the lines were cleaner. And i plan on making these adjustments. Not only so that I get the "A"but so that I feel like i deserved one.  My work will be cleaner for the exhibition. SO COME AND SEE. 





No comments:

Post a Comment