Monday, July 16, 2012

How I Did It

Well to be honest i did it with much difficulty. The funny thing is that as I sit her and process the steps in my mind it seems like such an easy process, but the fact is it's easier to say something than produce it.

Step1: Cutting out a pattern
Using drawing paper, tracing paper, and my handy micron pens I made a panel going down the center of the dress. This piece allowed me to get a flat form.

Step2: Cutting 2' strips of paper painted a dark phalo blue.

Step3: Attaching each individual strip to the front panel, allow the pieces to easily wrap around figure allowing the pieces to mold directly to the mannequinne.

Step4: Using same materials as step1 I made a pattern  for the top. Which I then fit with the same blue paper.

Step5: Embellishments. Gold fabric is used to accentuate the waist and is glued to attach the skirt and top. Now making it a dress.

Step6: Weaving gold paper. Four rectangular sheets of paper where cut at equal width and length about 6". Each sheet was then cut vertically almost to the end of paper but not quite enough to separate the strip from original sheet. Then weave.

Step7: Attach the golden weaving to shoulders of top.

Step8: Add Velcro.

Step9: Touch up paint, remove glue stings and anything else visually unappealing.

Step10: Store safely.

Step11: Get it safely to class.(hardest part walking around New York with a paper dress in hand isn't the easiest task.
Thank you and hope you enjoyed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment