Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Favorite Drawing Unit

Figure Drawing

This is so far my favorite unit in Drawing. I love the ability to completely communicate emotion without even putting a mouth, nose, or even eyes on a face.  But for the persons emotions to be completely communicable by the folds in their body, the tension in the neck, or even the limpness of a foot.

I can't say I'm very good. But I know I've made a great progression. You can see for yourself.

Sumi Ink

Sumi Ink is definately very difficult to work with especially for the first time. Not my favorite medium so far, but it definitely can produce some beautiful color differentiation which blend nicely. Very difficult, but i think with one more practice i'll love it.


Charcoals(my favorite):
This is my favorite piece as of this moment. Although it is incomplete at this moment I am so proud of this work. Especially when i was given 10 minutes and some more materials that I am unfamiliar with. However i believe this material was the easiest, and quickest to catch on to. Love, love, love this piece.
When I complete it I will post it again, but with her hand not just a mere shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment